Motor Vehicle Affidavit

The Motor Vehicle Affidavit must be completed and submitted to the Property Valuation Administrator’s (PVA) Office when you need to remove your vehicle from the tax roll.  If you have sold or moved your vehicle out of state, junked, totaled, or had your vehicle repossessed prior to January 1 of the current tax year, then you may be exonerated from those taxes.  If you own the vehicle on January 1 of that tax year, you are responsible for taxes.  You must complete the form below and provide proper proof of documentation regarding what happened to the vehicle.

The PVA is required by the state to receive a completed and signed affidavit and supporting documentation.  The motor vehicle taxes will not be removed from the tax roll until proper documentation has been submitted.  Should you have further questions please contact us directly at 859-392-1750 or email the PVA’s Office.

Proof of Documentation That Is Accepted

Moved Out of State

  • Closing papers from purchase of a new home
  • Copy of Title of Transfer
  • Letter from your insurance company on their letterhead with the vehicle identification number (VIN), make and model and date your policy was transferred to new state of residency.
  • Copy of Registration from new state of residency

Sold Vehicle Out of State

  • Copy of notarized Bill of Sale
  • Letter from your insurance company on their letterhead with VIN, make and model and date your vehicle was dropped from policy.
  • Copy of back and front of Title signed over to new owner

Junked Vehicle

Totaled Vehicle

  • Letter from insurance company with VIN, make and model and settlement date and total loss

Repossessed Vehicle

  • Repossession Notification from Lien-holder with date of repossession and/or date to be sold